Saturday, February 21, 2009

Great kiting day; No fair

Another great kiting day. I woke up with my ribs feeling better then
yesterday, and as you may recall, I went kiting yesterday and wondered
whether I would be a cripple today.

It was 22kts gusting to 28. I used my 9 meter kite, and could have used more
juice, but it was fine, and I practiced turning the kite under instead of
over. For a brief period I was going to windward toeside on Starboard tack.
I Got much better on port toeside, but never approached going to weather.

I did some jumping today, but was put to shame by a couple of young guys who
were boosting big AND THEY HAVE ONLY BEEN KITING TWO WEEKS. NO FAIR. One of
them did a back roll. Maybe they were lying about the two weeks.

One can only hope.

Tomorrow I move the big boat to an anchrage 30 yards from the kiting beach.

ttyl