Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Shifting focus from boat prep to weather

The boat is on schedule for Friday, but the weather says no.

Sunday there will be winds over 50 knots and sharp seas over 30 ft out near the Gulfstream, which is about where we would be. Thank God for modern weather prediction. I do not need to have that experience.

Monday looks like better wind speed and direction, but we will still have to wait for the waves to lie down. Monday morning they will still be 3 meters on the nose. Maybe later in the day they will space out a little and we can do some easting.

Paul says that if we head out into 3 meter seas, he will go onto an all ice cream diet and will refuse to sit downwind or downhill from any other crew!