Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Union Island, Clifton Harbor

For pictures, go to Dawn's blog: http://corbettgonesailing.blogspot.com

We had a good, quick sail over to Union island, with strong winds well behind the beam. We had the lines out, but no bites.

Union Island is a wonderful spot. I had misgivings when I got here with regard to the kiting, but they were unfounded. It has blown 20 kts consistently since we got here. I am working on backroll transitions and making the biggest possible splash. I am in flat water for a change, and liking it. If I want surf, I just tack out a narrow, shallow channel in the reef.

The rest of the crew are enjoying a relaxing time reading a snorkeling. There were a few good finds in the book exchange at the local yacht club. (yes, there is one, and it s pretty nice..
The town is quaint and colorful, supplies are available and Dawn spotted a few lobster in a nearby reef a week ago, and we need to try to catch them.